The ISC and the 2030 Agenda
To achieve the 17 ambitious goals that aim to reduce inequality and poverty, and promote prosperity and peace, scientific knowledge from across all disciplines must have a major role to play in identifying transformative pathways towards the sustainable and equitable use of planetary resources.
How to engage with the ISC at the HLPF
The meeting of the #HLPF2019 on sustainable development in 2019 convened under the auspices of the Economic and Social Council, was held from Tuesday, 9 July, to Thursday, 18 July 2019; including the three-day ministerial meeting of the forum from Tuesday, 16 July, to Thursday, 18 July 2019.
The theme was “Empowering people and ensuring inclusiveness and equality”. To see the draft political declaration for the HLPF, click here.
The ISC has curated a list of suggested events for ISC members and the science community. Click here to download.
NEW!!! See our statement from the Scientific and Technological Community Major Group delivered to the Education SDG4 Plenary on 9 July here.
NEW!!! See our statement from the Scientific and Technological Community Major Group delivered to the Climate SDG13 Plenary on 12 July here.
There are a number of key plenaries and events that you can also take part in:
- 9 July: Empowering People Through a Strong Science-Technology-Policy Interface: Reflections on the first cycle of the HLPF. Click here
- 11 July: Science policy interface including the briefing from the independent group of scientists on the Global Sustainable Development Report (GSDR). Click here
- 11 July: Mind Matters More Than Money: Boosting Cognitive Competences for Sustainable Development Through Science and Education. Click here
- 11 July: Learning Lab! Practices and Approaches on quality education towards environment and climate action Click here for detailed information or for an overview only, click here
- 12 July: Thematic Review: Empowering people and ensuring inclusiveness and equality Report of the STI Forum. Click here
- 12 July: From science to implementation: Strengthening the science-policy interface to integrate climate change, resilience and SDGs. Click here
- 12 July: The Digital Revolution and Sustainable Development: Opportunities and Challenges – TWI2050 launches its second report at the HLPF 2019. Click here for the full overview.
Keep updated at the HLPF
Follow the ISC on Twitter to keep up with the latest updates, last minute changes to the programme and ongoing debates and discussion.
You can also meet with ISC staff at the Vienna Cafe in the UNHQ on Thursday 11 July, 9h00 – 10h45.
Full HLPF Programmes
For the main programme of the HLPF, click here.
Full Programme of Side Events
For all of the side events of the HLPF, click here.