Background and purpose
The International Science Council (ISC) is an international, non-profit-making, non-governmental organization (an association) established under French law. It has a global membership of over 240 scientific organizations, which operate primarily in the domains of the natural and social sciences.
The ISC’s Secretariat is situated in Paris, France, with a staff complement of 25. Two Regional Offices are located in Colombia and Australia. The ISC organizes several meetings of its governing bodies and expert committees every year, involving approximately 150–200 international trips per year.
To update and streamline its travel processes, the ISC is seeking a travel agency or travel management company that can ensure environmentally responsible, user-friendly, professional and cost-effective booking services for travel and accommodation.
The PDF format of the vacancy announcement and specifications can be found here.
The ISC is looking for a travel agency or travel management company that can do the following:
- Appoint a named account manager to liaise with the ISC and its travellers.
- Be able to make bookings in countries all over the world.
- Access all flight, train and hotel options, including low-cost airlines.
- Offer sustainability-conscious options (e.g. hotels with sustainability ratings).
- Provide assistance to travellers with complex itineraries, and inform them immediately of any changes, cancellations or problems that may affect their travel plans.
- Provide assistance to those travellers that require special assistance at airports (e.g. reduced mobility) or special meals (e.g. vegetarian, halal, kosher).
- Provide information on and support for visa application procedures.
- Handle invoices and billing processes efficiently, and invoice on a monthly basis.
- Negotiate group rates and corporate rates and facilitate group bookings.
- Be available, via telephone and internet, during normal working hours (Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 18:00, Paris time), with a short response time for urgent inquiries, rescheduling and cancellations.
- Present itineraries in English with a price quotation in Euros, including fare and taxes and the deadline for issuing the ticket.
- Issue e-tickets only.
- Ensure the reimbursement of airport tax on cancelled flights.
Ideally, the services provider would also:
- Allow self-booking by the traveller on a dedicated platform;
- Provide 24/7 support via telephone and internet to travellers for rescheduling and cancellations, as well as a crisis management plan to respond to emergencies;
- Offer detailed reporting and analytics to help the ISC track travel expenses and carbon emissions and identify cost-saving opportunities;
- Help ensure compliance with the ISC Travel Policy and Sustainability Principles, including prioritising train travel over flights, direct flights and economy class travel;
- Manage the reimbursement of authorized travel expenses.
In order to be considered for this contract, the service provider must:
- Be a registered (IATA) travel agent.
- Have at least five years of experience in providing international travel services.
- Offer an adequate level of data protection and comply with obligations under national and European GDPR laws.
- Be able to provide all travel services (travel itineraries and prices) in English.
Criteria for consideration
The ISC will assess offers according to the following criteria:
- Eligibility requirements
- Technical capabilities/capacity to provide the required and desired services
- Relevant experience, including references and qualifications of personnel
- Attention to sustainability
- Pricing model and cost-effectiveness
Duration of engagement
The ISC is offering a rolling contract, which will be reviewed on an annual basis.
How to apply
Please apply by completing the online application form below in English, and upload your offer in the dedicated section by Monday, 25 March 2024.
Ms Jane Guillier (firstname.lastname@example.org), Administrative Officer, International Science Council.
Photo by Etienne Jong on Unsplash