The German Research Foundation (DFG) appointed members last month to the new committee, which will sit from 2013-2016. Membership is drawn from both natural and social sciences, in inter- and transdisciplinary research, representing universities and non-university research institutions.
The committee aims to further develop Future Earth with Germany’s scientific community, and to identify potential sources of funding. In addition, it will provide support to German researchers in identifying societally relevant research topics through co-design, in the conceptual design of integrated research, and link German researchers in natural and social sciences and the humanities. The committee will act in an advisory capacity to the DFG for strategic international issues.
A first meeting of the committee was held in March 2013, and a conference has been scheduled for early 2014.
List of committee members:
- Prof. Dr. Armin Grunwald, KIT-ITAS, Karlsruhe
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Lucht, PIK, Potsdam
- Prof. Dr. Karen Pittel, Ifo Institute, Munich
- Prof. Dr. Christiane Schmullius, Friedrich-Schiller-University, Jena
- Prof. Dr. Martin Visbeck, GEOMAR, Kiel (Chair)
- Prof. Dr. Volkmar Wolters, Justus Liebig University, Giessen
For more information please contact Bettina Schmalzbauer (Scientific Secretary D-FutureEarth) E-Mail: email@example.com or Martin Visbeck (Chairman of DKN-FutureEarth) E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.dkn-future-earth.org.