The Communications team of the International Science Council (ISC) is seeking a Social Media and Marketing Intern to assist in building the ISC profile and reaching a diverse range of international audiences.
It’s an exciting time to join the ISC as we implement a new content strategy and strengthen our engagement in the intergovernmental system.
About the International Science Council (ISC)
The ISC works at the global level to catalyse change by convening scientific expertise, advice and influence on issues of major importance to both science and society.
The ISC is an international non-governmental organization with a unique global membership that brings together more than 245 international scientific unions and associations, national and regional scientific organizations including academies and research councils, international federations and societies, and young academies and associations.
Under the supervision of the Communications Director, and with peer support of members of the Communications and Membership Outreach team, you will assist in:
- Promoting the ISC’s profile and products on social media, such as X (formerly Twitter), LinkedIn, Facebook, Threads and Instagram
- Designing materials on Canva or Adobe Creative Suite apps
- Assisting in monitoringsocial media and website performance, using Google Analytics, Meltwater and native social media analytics tools, and providing insights reports to the Senior Communications Officer
- Helping to create marketing materials to reflect the ISC’s new value proposition
- Assisting with the production of ISC’s newsletters and contributing to the overall strategy to increase audience growth and engagement
- Drafting copy for ISC products as required (blogs, interviews, events, brochures, social media)
- Assisting with content migration and other related tasks for the development and launch of the new ISC website
- Brainstorming campaign ideas and being part of the full circle of content production
- Participating in other operational tasks of the Communications team, such as copy-editing, desktop research and email reach out.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Working towards a degree in journalism, marketing, communications, media or international studies
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills in English and the ability to produce engaging written and visual content for different audiences
- Being curious and open-minded so as to be able to keep abreast of trends in science communications and to advise on digital issues
- Capacity to work productively and cooperatively and to contribute across different teams
- Social skills and ability to work in an international and multicultural context
- Flexible, “can-do” attitude and able to adapt to a constantly changing workflow
- Other languages a plus
You must be currently registered at a university as a student, and be able to obtain a “Convention de Stage” which allows you to take on an internship in France.
Please apply using the form below. Please include when you can start, your CV and a short motivation letter. We would also love to see your portfolio of work (eg an article or Canva assets).