Nominations open: 19 October 2020
Deadline for nominations: 19 February 2021
Submitting a nomination
To nominate, please email a formal nomination letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations must include, as two seperate PDF files:
- Formal nomination letter expressing support of the nominee’s candidacy for this award (Document 1)
- Biography of the candidate including an outline of their work and research interests (Document 2)
- Book title and year of publication (if published) (Document 2)
Nominations must be submitted by a Head of Department from a University, Research Insititution or Research Centre.
- The Stein Rokkan Prize is open to candidates from all social science disciplines.
- Candidates must be an ECPR member (full or associate)
- The work should be a substantial and original contribution to comparative social science research.
- The work can be an unpublished manuscript of book length, a printed book, or collected works published within the two years preceding the award ceremony. For the Stein Rokkan Prize 2021, books must have been published in 2019 or 2020. Edited volumes are not eligible.
- The work should preferably be in English; however, a submission written in another language can be nominated as long as it is accompanied by an English summary of the work.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Nominations from publishers are not accepted.
- Members of the ECPR Executive Committee, ECPR Director, or Editors of any ECPR books, journals or blog are not eligible for this prize.
After the closing date for nominations, all nominees will be requested to provide a PDF copy of their manuscript to email@example.com for distribution to each jury member.
The deadline for submission of the manuscript is 19 March 2021.
Prize Jury 2021
Giliberto Capano Università di Bologna (Chair)
Gunnar Grendstad Universitet i Bergen
Hanna Schwander Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Marina Costa Lobo Universidade de Lisboa Instituto de Ciências Sociais
Prize announcement and delivery
The winner will be announced in July 2021.