The International Science Council deplores the exclusion of women from university education in Afghanistan and urges the Afghan authorities to reverse their decision. This page serves to assist ISC Members and the scientific community in supporting Afghani women and girls in meeting their aspirations through education and engagement with science.
ISC Statement on Afghanistan
⬇ Share your statements, offers of assistance and other related resources via the online form at the bottom of this page.
- Council for At-risk Academies : Article on women and Education in Afghanistan
Calls for Assistance
- Scholars at Risk Europe : urgent call for help
- Scholars at Risk International : urgent appeals for Afghanistan Scholars
- Scholars at Risk International : call for action to the UN
Offers of Assistance
- CARA offers to help any academics at risk with escaping and finding refuge.
- CARA Funding Directory to help Afghans academics looking for support
- Association of Public and Land-grant Universities : resource Kit for Afghan students and scholars
- Academy in Exile : Afghanistan emergency resources
Statements from ISC Members
We are strongly encouraging all ISC Members to share their statements in support and concern for Afghan women in education.
Statements from the international scientific community and ISC Affiliated Bodies
- Committee on Human Rights : Statement on Women’s rights in Afghanistan
- Committee on Human Rights : Statement on Schools for Women
- Committee on Human Rights : Statement on Elimination of discrimination for Women
- PAUSE : solidarity statement toward the Afghans
- Association of American Universities : American Council of Education Open Letter
Statements and resources from intergovernmental organizations
Each organization is responsible for the facts and opinions expressed in this content, which are not necessarily those of the ISC or its partner organizations.
Contribute to this support page
Please share with us your statements, offers of assistance and other related resources via the online form below.