On June 15th, members of the ISC ROLAC Secretariat met with the Minister of Governance and members of the urban health working group. The meeting began with some welcome words given by the Minister Lic. Aristides Valencia, who thanked all the participants for attending the meeting. Then, MD. Jorge Irazola, representative of Medicus Mundi, briefly talked about international cooperation given to the project, emphasizing the aspects in which his organization has been involved in. Then, Dr. Manuel Limonta, ISC ROLAC Regional Director, presented about some of the actions carried out in the international agenda, highlighting the interest of China in knowing in more detail about the Salvadoran model.
Then, representatives of the different members of the ISC ROLAC working Group presented some laws and regulations promoted by the different ministries. The following ministries presented their actions in the frame of Urban Health: Ministry of Education; vice ministry of Living and Urban Development (MOP); vice ministry of Transportation (MOP), National Secretary of Culture; INDES, vice ministry of Social Prevention,
Programs related to Urban Health that have legal anchoring or that are in that process (listed by ministries):
MINED: Ministry of Education.
- Reform to the general education law Article 113 Art. 1 Regulate and control the commercialization of foods with a high content of fat, salt, and sugar.
- Increase in the tax on sugary drinks
- National proposal for nutrition warning labeling
MOP: Housing and Urban Development
- World Summit: Habitat III – New Urban Agenda
- National action plan for the implementation of the new urban agenda
- National Housing and Habitat Policy (2015)
- Institutionalized Group by executive decree
- Special Law for the subsidy and financing of housing cooperatives for mutual aid
- In formulation: Proposed Housing and Habitat Law
- Investment of 58,553,575.14 replacing dirt floors with mortar floors, vulnerability reduction: construction of mitigation Works
Vice Ministry of Social Prevention, PREPAZ:
- Integral Support for the Prevention of Violence strategy
National Secretary of Culture
- Execution of cultural activities such as writing and reciting poems, plays, and other activities such as knitting.
Sports National Institute
- Four areas: Community sports, Student, disability, high performance
- Society and well-being
- Coexistence: community sport
- Society and well-being
- Education and culture
- Agreement with MINSAL, trained 2075 people, physical activities to prescribe patients, training in food
- Agreements with private universities