The International Science Council (ISC) is a non-governmental organization with a unique global membership that brings together over 200 international scientific unions and associations as well as national and regional scientific organizations including academies and research councils. The vision of the Council is to advance science as a global public good. Scientific knowledge, data and expertise must be universally accessible and their benefits universally shared. The practice of science must be inclusive and equitable, including in opportunities for scientific education and capacity development.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organization launched in 2018 to be the global voice for science and advance science as a global public good. It’s an exciting time to be part of the international scientific community as we address the many global challenges facing humanity.
You will work alongside colleagues to support a wide range of ISC activities and events, and interact with project teams across the broader networks of ISC Members, stakeholders, and partners.
The Administrative Officer will work with task leaders across the ISC Secretariat and will provide administrative and logistical support for several active projects.
Examples of work tasks include planning and coordinating events and meetings (including hotel and travel booking), setting up and managing teleconferences, preparing and updating documentation and budgets, liaising with ISC’s committees and taking incoming calls.
The ISC is seeking candidates with the following:
Qualifications and knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Formation diplômante Niveau 5 (bac+2) reconnue par l’État/Formation d’assistante de direction bilingue)
• Bilingual English/French;
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an administrative/support position in an international bilingual environment;
• Demonstrated experience in administering projects and organizing events;
• Experience and knowledge of MS Office systems.
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Able to prioritize, to work effectively under pressure and to deliver on allocated tasks within tight deadlines;
• Action-orientated and responsible;
• Able to manage a varied workload;
• Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills and readiness to work within a team environment.
The salary will be dependent on the experience and qualifications of the candidate. Applicants should either hold a valid French working permit or be EU nationals.
Applications (preferably in one combined PDF file) should include a CV and a cover letter and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Officer” in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 20 January 2023.
Image by Simon Cassanas for ISC.