How to create sustainable and resilient food systems to enable healthy diets will be key aspects under consideration by the UN Food Systems Summit.
The role of consumer perceptions, food habits, cultural influences, gender, socio-economic and other factors including poverty and urbanization on food choices and food consumption patterns and their effects on nutrition and health including diet-related, non-communicable diseases, and the need for advocacy and public enlightenment on nutritious and healthy diets for food security and wellness will be under discussion during this Roundtable to help inform and strengthen the scientific resource on these subjects.
- Academy Presiding Officer Dr. Aman Wirakartakumah
- Academy Presiding Officer Elect Dr. Charles Aworh
- Professor Sir Charles Godfray, Oxford Martin School, Oxford University, UK
- Dr. Pavinee Chinachotti, Chair, Food Innovation and Regulation Network (FIRN) Thailand
- Dr. Sebastiano Porretta, Senior Researcher, Italian Ministry of Economic Development, Italy
- Dr. Caroline Smith DeWaal, EatSafe, Gain, USA
- Dr. Petra Klassen Wigger, Global R&D Scientific Advisor Nutrition and Health, Nestle, Switzerland