This online event is a side event organized by the WFEO in collaboration with the ISC at the Science & Technology Innovation (STI) Forum for the Sustainable Development Goal 2021, and is to present the second UNESCO Engineering Report: “Engineering for Sustainable Development: Delivering on the Sustainable Development Goals”. Discuss the crucial role of engineering in the implementation of the SDG’s and more importantly, how to bridge the gap and make sustainable and resilient recovery from this and any in the future pandemics.
- Alik Ismail-Zadeh Ph.D., DSc, MAE, FAGU, FIUGG, Hon. FRAS, Secretary of the ISC Governing Board and Senior Scientist, Institute of Applied Geoscience, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- Shamila Nair-Bedouelle, Ph.D., Assistant Director-General for Natural Sciences, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- GONG Ke, Ph.D., President, World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO)
- Marlene Kanga, AM, Ph.D., FTSE, Hon.FIEAust., Hon.FIChemE, Immediate Past President, World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO)
- Milda Pladaite, World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO) Younger Member
- K.N. Gunalan, Ph.D., P.E., D.GE, F.ASCE, Chair WFEO UN Relations Committee / Immediate Past President of American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
Photo by ThisisEngineering RAEng on Unsplash