The launch marks the start of substantive preparations for the summit-level Dialogue to be convened by the UN Secretary-General in September 2021, setting a global roadmap to achieve clean, accessible energy for all by 2030 and net zero emissions by 2050, and mobilizing the voluntary commitments and actions urgently needed.
The programme will feature brief video remarks by over twenty Ministerial-level Global Champions who will be serving as advocates for the High-level Dialogue on Energy to help galvanize multi-stakeholder commitments and actions in the form of Energy Compacts.
Also offering brief remarks by video will be:
- António Guterres, Secretary-General of the United Nations
- LIU Zhenmin, Under-Secretary-General for Economic and Social Affairs and Secretary-General of the High-level Dialogue
- Achim Steiner, Administrator of UNDP and Co-Chair of the High-level Dialogue
- Damilola Ogunbiyi, SRSG and CEO for Sustainable Energy for All and Co-Chair of the High-level Dialogue
- Heads of fifteen UN and international organizations co-leading theTechnical Working Groups preparing for the High-level Dialogue
The full list of speakers can be found on the Dialogue website. Video remarks can also be viewed individually on the website from 10 March.
The hashtags for social media will be #HLDE2021 and #SustainableEnergy, Twitter @UN_Energy.
The virtual launch is organized by the Secretariat of the High-level Dialogue on Energy, UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org).