The Standing Committee for Gender Equality in Science (SCGES) is organizing the webinar “Quotas for women in science: Are they an effective step towards equality and/or equity?”.
- Marguerite Evans-Galea, Director of the STEM Careers Strategy with the Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering and co-founder and CEO of Women in STEM Australia
- Renee Borges, Indian Academy of Sciences
- Gerlind Wallon, Deputy Director EMBO, EMBO Women in Science
- Silvia González Pérez, vice-chancellor of Research in Universistad Técnica Particular de Loja, Ecuador
- Michele Garlinker, Head of EMBO Policy Programme
- Annelies Pierrot-Bults, Member of the IUBS Committee on Gender Equality and board member of The University Women of Europe.
Gender Equality in Science: Inclusion and Participation of Women in Global Science Organizations
A study reporting on the inclusion and participation of women in more than 120 science organizations that are coordinated at a global level finds that women are still under-represented. It calls for the establishment of a coalition on gender equality in global science to ensure a transformative action agenda.