This workshop aims to advance a deeper analysis of where we are now in terms of energetic transition in North Africa. A better understanding of the current situation, the actors involved and the would-be winners and losers is crucial for any rallying efforts for a just transition. The workshop will aim to enrich the national/regional and global discussions around the transition. Activists will share some insights and reflections on just transition in their contexts while highlighting some of the tensions around this. They will also advance some perspectives around alternatives, mobilising strategies and ways of building alliances and solidarities.
- Hamza Hamouchene (Algerian researcher and activist, Transnational Institute).
- Chafik Ben Rouine (Tunisian researcher and activist, Tunisian Observatory of Economy)
- Saker El Nour (Egyptian researcher, Freie Universitat Berlin)
- Joanna Allan (British scholar, Northumbria University).
- Hamza Lakhal (Saharawi scholar activist, Durham University)
Photo: Rwanda Ministry of Environment via Flickr.