The second webinar of the Science in Exile webinar series is part of the celebrations of the 70th anniversary of the Geneva Refugee Convention.
Learn more about the first webinar ‘The unfolding emergencies: Ethiopia and Myanmar’
The webinar will be a roundtable on the impact of protracted situation of displacement on scientists and science, hearing first-hand from local scholars as well as experts on long-term strategies to uphold science and higher education in times of crisis.
The webinar will be chaired by Peter McGrath, Coordinator, InterAcademy Partnership and TWAS Science Policy/Science Diplomacy programme, and will feature:
- Saja Al Zoubi, development economist and lecturer of gender and forced migration and Middle East politics, University of Oxford
- Ghanya Naji Mohammed Al-Naqeb, Researcher, Centre Agriculture Food Environment, University of Trento
- Hasan Mohammed Hasan Maridi, Researcher, Heavy ion Laboratory, University of Warsaw
- Gioconda San-Blas, Fellow of the Venezuelan Academy of Physical, Mathematical and Natural Sciences
- Mohammad R Tanha, Researcher, Institute of Medical Systems Engineering, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg
- Radwan Ziadeh, senior analyst at Arab Center and co-founder and executive director of the Syrian Center for Political and Strategic Studies, Washington DC
You might also be interested in:
This project aims to create a network of like-minded organizations that will work together to develop and roll out a coordinated advocacy campaign to support and integrate refugee, displaced and at-risk scientists.