Online registration is now open for the following upcoming meetings:
- the resumed session of the fifth UN Environment Assembly (UNEA 5.2),
- the special session of the UN Environment Assembly to commemorate the fiftieth anniversary of the establishment of UNEP (“UNEP@50”)
- the resumed fifth meeting of the Open Ended Committee of Permanent Representatives,
- the third consultation held pursuant to General Assembly resolution 73/333.
Detailed information related to the organization of these meetings is available in a secretariat notification, which includes COVID-19 minimum requirements that have been developed with the support of the UN Office in Nairobi, taking into account the COVID-19 restrictions put in place by the host country, Kenya, as well as the guidance provided by the Bureaux of the UN Environment Assembly and of the Committee of Permanent Representatives at their joint meeting held on 8 December 2021. The notification is based on current knowledge and may be updated and adjusted in the light of new guidance from UNON and/or from the host country.
In relation to the registration, delegations are in particular invited to note the following:
- All delegates who intend to participate in the meetings referred to above in person are required to verify that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Verification of full vaccination must be made available in writing at the time of the registration, through the registration platform.
- For representatives from Member States, the certification document to be uploaded on the registration platform is the accreditation letter, which should confirm that any representative that attend the meeting in person is fully vaccinated.
- For all other representatives, including representatives of Stakeholders and Major Groups, international organizations, and media, a valid vaccination certificate must be uploaded on this registration platform.
- To avoid overcrowding and minimize the risk of exposure to potential infection, Member States and stakeholders are recommended to limit their delegation size at the conference facilities and common areas of the United Nations Office at Nairobi, in accordance with the guidance in the secretariat notification under paragraph 12 c).
- Subject to the availability of extrabudgetary resources, a limited number of delegates from developing countries may be eligible for financial support from the secretariat to cover travel (economy class flight tickets) and daily subsistence allowance for the period of attendance. The secretariat will provide more information on financial support to eligible delegates at a later stage.
The registration will close on 11 February 2022.
Any questions related to the registration may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.