The World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO) and the International Science Council (ISC), partners in the UN Scientific and Technological Community Major Group, will organize the side-event “The Role of the Science and Technology (S&T) Community on the Pillars for Accelerating Progress and Transformative Actions on SDG 6” on 23 March 2023.
This side-event is organized within the UN 2023 Water Conference that will take place at UN Headquarters in New York, between 22 and 24 March 2023.
The side event will aim at highlighting the latest and best scientific knowledge, key initiatives and innovations of the S&T community within the five pillars – financing, data and information, capacity development, innovation and governance – that will lead to accelerated and transformative action on SDG 6 in the second half of the International Decade for Action “Water for Sustainable Development”.
Watch the recording:
- Prof. José Vieira, WFEO President
- Dr. Ignacio González-Castelao, Chair WFEO Committee on Water CW
- Dr Tom Soo, Executive Director of the International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research (IAHR)
- Dr Marlene Kanga, WFEO Past President, Sydney Water Non-Executive Director
- Ms Shreya Chakraborty, Researcher – Climate Change Policy and Adaptation, International Water Management Institute, New Delhi