The International Commission on Illumination (Commission Internationale de l’Eclairage, CIE) is hosting a workshop on the following topics around the issue of obtrusive lighting:
• General aspects of the problem
• Modelling and calculation methods and tools
• Instrumentation and methods for the measurement and assessment
• Temporal and spectral aspects
• Environmental impact (humans, flora, fauna)
• Outdoor lighting design methods and best practices
The event is scheduled during the new moon phase of November and will include a session of practical measurements of obtrusive light when the road lighting system of an urban area will be turned on and off. A big thanks to the Ostrava city Council for supporting this.