The Academy of Sciences of Lisbon was created in 1779 as an institution to promote the advancement of science and learning for the progress and prosperity of the country. The Academy has two classes, Sciences and Letters, each one with 30 full members and 60 corresponding members distributed in 6 sections. It has also a number of foreign members. The Academy was one of the first National Members of ISC, is one of the 3 Portuguese Members of the European Science Foundation, and is the Portuguese partner of the European Science Exchange Programme of the Royal Society, London.
Portugal, Academia das Ciencias de Lisboa
The Academia das Ciencias de Lisboa has been a member since 1931.