Scientific Committee on Solar-Terrestrial Physics (SCOSTEP)
SCOSTEP runs international interdisciplinary scientific programs and promotes solar-terrestrial physics research by providing the necessary scientific framework for international collaboration and dissemination of the derived scientific knowledge in collaboration with other ISC bodies.
- Committee on Space Research (COSPAR)
- Comparative Research Programme on Poverty (CROP)
- Future Earth
- Gender, Globalisation and Democratisation
- Integrated Research on Disaster Risk (IRDR)
- Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR)
- Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research (SCOR)
- Scientific Committee on Solar-Terrestrial Physics (SCOSTEP)
- World Climate Research Programme (WCRP)
- International Network for Government Science Advice (INGSA)
- Science International
- ISC in the News
SCOSTEP was originally established as an Inter-Union Commission following a Resolution adopted at the 11th General Assembly of ICSU in Bombay in January 1966. It was modified by the 14th General Assembly of ICSU in Helsinki in 1972 to a Special Committee, and by the 17th General Assembly in 1978 to a Scientific Committee.