The project Steering Group comprises experts on open science from across the scientific and stakeholder community.
Professor, University of Malaya
CLACSO Open Science Advisor
Australian Academy of Science
Chief Executive Officer, Universities South Africa
Director and Publisher, The MIT press
Emeritus Professor, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies | Former President, Royal Irish Academy
Fellow and Director of Studies in Economics, Trinity College, Cambridge
Executive Director, SPARC
Executive Director, Training Centre in Communication; AfricArXiv project partner
Visiting Professor, Indian Institute of Science | Distinguished Fellow, Centre for Internet & Society
(since November 2021)
China Association for Science and Technology
(from September 2021)
Chinese Academy of Science
(until September 2021)
The group was appointed in March 2021.
Publishing Working Group
This project working group comprising leaders from the scientific publishing community acts as a sounding board for proposals emerging from the project steering committee.
- Juan Pablo Alperin, Associate Professor, Publishing; Associate Director, Public Knowledge Project; Co-Director, Scholarly Communications Lab; Simon Fraser University
- Amy Brand, Director and Publisher of the MIT Press, [Convenor of the working group]
- Arianna Becerril-Garcia, Executive Director, Redalyc, Network of Scholarly Journals from Latin America, the Caribbean, Spain and Portugal; Chair, AmeliCA, Open Knowledge for Latin America and the Global South; Professor, Autonomous University of the State of Mexico
- Leslie Chan, Associate Professor, University of Toronto Scarborough; Director of Bioline International; Chair of the Electronic Publishing Trust for Development.
- Helena Cousijn, Director of Community Engagement, DataCite
- Rupert Gatti, Fellow and Director of Studies in Economics at Trinity College, Cambridge; co-founder of Open Book Publishers
- Andrew Joseph, Digital Publisher, Wits University Press
- Pierre Mounier, OPERAS Coordinator; OpenEdition Associate Director; Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB) Co-Director
- Susan Murray, Executive Director, African Journals OnLine (AJOL)
- Kamran Naim, Head of Open Science (CERN)
- Damian Pattinson, Executive Director, eLife Sciences Publications Ltd
- Eloy Rodrigues, Director, University of Minho Libraries; Chair Executive Board, COAR – Confederation of Open Access Repositories
- Andrew Stammer, Director, CSIRO Publishing
- Stuart Taylor, Publishing Director, The Royal Society (UK)
The Scoping Group provided input on the report that was drafted in 2020.
- Bianca Amaro, President, La Referencia; and Coordinator of the Brazilian Open Science Program, Brazilian Institute of Information in Science and Technology
- Dominique Babini, Open Science Advisor, Latin American Council of Social Sciences (CLACSO)
- Michael Barber, Emeritus Professor of Mathematics and former Vice-Chancellor, Flinders University
- Geoffrey Boulton (Chair and principal author), Regius Professor of Geology Emeritus, University of Edinburgh; Member of the International Science Council Governing Board
- Robin Crew, Senior Research Fellow (Entomology), Centre for the Advancement of Scholarship, University of Pretoria; Past-President, Academy of Science of South Africa
- Luke Drury, Emeritus Professor of Astrophysics, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, and former President, Royal Irish Academy
- Martin Eve, Professor of Literature, Technology and Publishing, Birkbeck, University of London
- Sari Hanafi, Professor of Sociology, American University of Beirut; President, International Sociological Association
- Mary Lee Kennedy, Executive Director, Association of Research Libraries, USA
- Nathalie Lemarchand, Professor of Geography, University Paris 8; Vice-President, International Geographical Union
- Anna Mauranen, Professor of English Philology, University of Helsinki; President, Finnish Academy of Science and Letters
- Ravi Murugesan, Associate, INASP
- Joseph Mwelwa, JointMindsConsult, Botswana
- François Robida, French Geological Survey (BRGM) and International Union of Geological Science Commission for the Management and Application of Geoscience Data
- Peter Strickland, Executive Managing Editor, International Union of Crystallography
- Paul Uhlir, Consultant on Information Policy and Management
- Zhang Xiaolin, Chinese Academy of Science, China.
This Group reviewed the report in mid-2020 and provided feedback to the ISC Governing Board.
- Pearl Dykstra (Chair), Director of Research of the Department of Public Administration and Sociology at the Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Hazami Habib, Chief Executive Officer, Academy of Sciences Malaysia
- Molapo Qhobela, Chief Executive Officer, National Research Foundation, South Africa
- Peter Suber, Director of the Harvard Office for Scholarly Communication, Director of the Harvard Open Access Project (Berkman Klein Center), and Senior Researcher, Berkman Klein Center
- Sally Wyatt, Professor of Digital Cultures, Technology & Society Studies, Maastricht University